Before we start telling you all theres to know about the Assets, we thought it would be clever to quickly define the concept. There it is:
"An Asset is commonly known as a point of interest (store, restaurant, agency, etc.) to be displayed on a
Woosmap Store Locator."
In the Assets section, in addition to uploading new Assets you can:
- edit a chosen Asset data
- visualize an Asset's json file
- see all your Assets on a
Woosmap Store Locatorwith the "See on map"
- upload new Assets or update existing ones using a json file
- downloading all Assets as a json file
Assets multi selection and modification
- Open the multi selection modal
- Filter your asset list by Name, Id, City, Country code, Tags and Types
- Edit timezone, opening hours, special days of your filtered assets
- Delete or download JSON file of your filtered assets
- Click on the manual button on top of the modal
- Select manually your assets on the assets list
- Then you can edit, download json file or delete you assets selected manualy
Asset creation & management
We have worked on simplifying the way you can create or update Assets in your Project, first and foremost to enable non-developers users to do it as well.
Now you have 2 ways of doing so:
- Filling the fields (Simplified view, for the Muggles)
- Copy/pasting or uploading json content (Developer view, for the IT-wizards)
Another nice thing that could be considered as sorcery: any modification you make either in the Simplified view or in the Developer view will magically be made in the other view.
An Asset is made of 6 sub-sections:
Info & location: where you configure your Asset's basic information and its 4 mandatory fields (
Opening hours: where you configure your Asset's weekly routine, from Monday to Sunday. You can add several opening time periods within a day, which could for example look like this: shop opened From 8:30am to 10am & from 12pm to 3pm & from 6pm to 11pm (with screenshot). If you want to understand how Opening hours work, you can visit our
Data Management API guide: Opening hours. You can now also easily switch between the "All Day" and "custom hours" options!
Special days: where you can add special opening hours for days in particular such as bank holidays.
Types & Tags: which two distincts ways of grouping several Assets together and enable your users filter their search thanks to those. Common tags or types could be Wi-Fi, parking, self-service, and so on. If you want to learn how to configure tags and types in your
Store Locator Widget, you can visit ou
Store Locator Widget guide: Configuration.
Localized names: You can define alternate names for your Assets. These localized names are useful for multi-language integrations. Combined with our
Autocomplete API endpoint you can let your users find your store in their native language.